Brewer & Giggenbach PLLC has assisted numerous people in West Virginia in achieving the best results for their cases. The following summaries describe some of the firm’s notable representation:
- Daycare Injury: The firm represented a six-month-old infant who was injured while at a daycare facility. The infant sustained a spiral fracture to her arm as a result of the actions of an employee of the daycare. A lawsuit was filed against the daycare facility. Extensive written discovery and depositions ensued. Fortunately, the infant’s injuries healed, and the lawsuit settled prior to trial.
Nursing Home Injuries
- Worker Injured at Nursing Home: The firm represented an employee of a nursing home who was seriously injured by a nursing home resident. The client was struck in the eye by a resident with an extremely violent history. The client had to endure numerous surgeries on the eye, and ultimately, lost complete vision in the eye. After extensive written discovery and numerous depositions, the case was settled prior to trial.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Motorcycle collision: The firm recovered financial remedies on behalf of clients, who, while on their motorcycle, were involved in a collision with a police car making an improper turn resulting in severe injuries to the husband and wife including the husband’s loss of a leg and severe back trauma that left him permanently disabled.
- Pedestrian struck by drunk driver: The firm represented a pedestrian who was struck by a drunk driver while walking on a sidewalk in Morgantown, West Virginia. The client suffered extensive injuries to his face and head. Unfortunately, the extremely intoxicated driver fled from the scene. Attorneys filed a lawsuit against the drunk driver and after extensive discovery, were able to settle the case.
- Pedestrian in crosswalk was struck by vehicle: The firm represented a client who, while at work, was walking across a street, in a crosswalk, and was struck by a motor vehicle. The client suffered extensive injuries, including head trauma, a collapsed lung, and numerous fractures. The case proved extremely complicated, and involved multiple insurance companies (two of which that initially denied coverage). After extensive discovery, attorneys were able to reach a settlement with all three applicable insurance companies prior to trial.
- Tractor trailer collision:
The firm represented clients who were struck by a tractor-trailer on Interstate 79. The firm’s clients sustained significant injuries, including a torn rotator cuff. After extensive written discovery and multiple depositions, the case settled prior to trial.
- Pap Smear Cervical Cancer: The firm recovered financial remedies for a client against a clinic for failure to provide test results in a timely manner resulting in a fatal delayed diagnosis.
- Laboratory Error: The firm recovered damages for a client due to the failure of medical personnel to perform pre-surgery blood tests that would have revealed a low hemoglobin in the blood resulting in a stroke and permanent impairment.
- Clinical Negligence: The firm recovered financial remedies for a client stemming from an injury resulting in burns for improper use of laser as part of a skin treatment.
- Clinical Negligence: The firm recovered financial remedies due to a doctor’s failure to order an MRI of the client’s spine prior to spinal surgery, which would have revealed the presence of a tumor in the spinal column of the patient (with a known condition that causes tumors in the spine). A surgeon performed the surgery without the necessary MRI, resulting in paralysis below the waist and incontinence.
- Clinical Negligence: The firm recovered damages for a client who underwent cataract surgery and lost the vision in his eye as a result of defective saline solution used in the surgical procedure by the facility.
Wrongful Death Cases
- The firm recovered financial remedies in a Wrongful Death case for family of woman who suffered a stroke from the improper placement of a catheter used for dialysis, which resulted in a fatal stroke.
- The firm recovered damages in a Wrongful Death case for the failure to properly place a feeding tube in the patient/client, resulting in a massive stroke and death.
Get Experienced Legal Advice
These case summaries are a sampling of matters handled successfully by the attorneys of Brewer and Giggenbach PLLC. Schedule a consultation at the firm’s Morgantown office by calling us at (304) 212-7289. The firms attorneys have assisted numerous clients in obtaining the best results for their serious injury cases. Inquiries can also be emailed to the firm with requests for appointments.
Experienced Trial Lawyers On Your Side
- View All Services
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Wrongful Death
- Commercial Litigation
- Business Law
- Employment Law
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law